THE 2020 SUMMER SEARCH IS UNDERWAY. Get out and seek some fun on your run. Here are the details.
The rules for the Scavenger Hunt are as follows:
- You can earn 10 points for a run of 3 miles or more starting, finishing, or otherwise incorporating one of 20 scavenger hunt items (List below).
- You can earn a 2 point bonus for providing a picture of the scavenger item. You are welcome and encouraged to submit additional photos of your "scavenge" but only one photo per scavenger item will count for points.
- Only one scavenger item can be counted per run. For instance, running between 2 breweries only counts as 10 points for a brewery. Similarly, if you run on an island next to a beach by a lake you can only pick one scavenger item to claim. Hey, the point is to get out this summer and enjoy some running excursions.
- Only one (1) entry per day.
- Each specific scavenger location may only be used once, but you may use multiple locations for the same item. For instance, Huntington Beach can only be used as a beach run once, but you can run also at Euclid Beach and Edgewater Beach and score 30 pts in the beach category.
Note that items are not specified to the area only. You do a run at the Grand Canyon, count it!
- Entries must be submitted promptly! It is only fair for keeping score. So, entries must be submitted within 14 days of the run. Expired runs will not be counted.
- Recognition and random awards will be made at the Fall Cookout (tentative). No WHINING! The Head Hunt Honcho (aka Bubba) does promise that creativity will be awarded.
- This is totally an honors system.
- Opening day is Saturday, May 23rd, 2020. The last day is Monday September 7th. 2020.
- The Head Hunt Honcho (aka Bubba) will do everything he can to post updated stats weekly so you know where you stand.
- A table tracking everyone that submits progress will be available on this webpage and through social media. Participants can submit their progress via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, making sure to indicate the “Scavenger Hunt” in the subject line. Alternately, you can use the form on the website to fill in your progress. You must report Date, Scavenger Item (i.e. waterfall), Specific Location (Berea Falls), Miles Ran, and if Photo Attached.
The Scavenger List - 2020
"Search for Summer 2020" run/walk submission form
For other questions or comments, please contact Dan Straitiff.
Photo Gallery of Your Hunts for Summer (2020)
Photos not captioned to allow each hunter to find their own locations.